Thursday, June 14, 2012

Camp Barnabas.


Bar·na·bas

  [bahr-nuh-buhs] 
noun
the surname of the Cyprian Levite Joseph, a companion of Paul on his first missionary journey. Acts 4:36, 37.

So, I am going to talk about one of the best places on the planet. Not because it's super relaxing.  Or it's tropical and nice. Or because you get waited on hand and foot.  In fact, it's none of those.  Camp Barnabas is a camp for special needs kids where you get to be with one kid one on one and serve them throughout the week.  So, why is that camp barnabas so great?  It's so life changing and it's a place of self discovery.  So let me walk you through what we do there.

this is my church group, Woodside Bible, waiting out side the gate.






then you go to IP and sing songs and talk about what the week will hold. 




Next, you go to Training. This is where they talk about the the different disabilities.




CAMPERS ARRIVAL! This is when you finally meet your camper!


every night there is 
a different party: baseball party, biggest loser, pool party, circus party, and dance party! 

the last night is the cross carry, where we honor campers that have come to camp and since died.  


Camp Barnabas has become a huge part of my life.  I went last year, and God has blessed me with the opportunity to go back!  I have no idea what to expect even though I have been before.  With special needs kids, you never know. 


Also, please keep me and the team in your prayers.  Pray for..


-team unity
-fun
-safe trip there and back
-safety during camp
-the campers
-the staff
-the CIAs {people like me}


xox,
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment