Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beauty.

I am a {kind of} blonde girl with blue eyes. So a lot of times I hear, "OH MY GOSH! You look like Barbie!" My mom always told me that this was a compliment because barbie was a portrayal of the "perfect woman"  
WHAT THE HECK DOES PERFECT MEAN?! long hair? blue eyes? blonde? tall? pretty? perfect skin? 
 I feel like I am drowning in a world of barbies. Everyone tries to look just look everyone else.  Trust me, I am so guilty of this.  As trends change, I go along with them.  By no means, am I telling to you that going with the crowd is wrong, IF you like what they are doing.  There is nothing wrong with hollister, abercombie, forever 21, and aeropostale; if you like them.  I am one of the biggest culprit.  When I go shopping with my friends and I try on something that I am not necesary in love with but they tell me are cute and I buy them and never wear them.  


And while I am talking about this I want to talk about the crave to be skinny. I am very skinny for my age {about 105 lbs.} but I am very healthy, I run and eat very well.  I just have a high metabolism from who knows what..  But, I get really sad when I watch fashion shows and the models are 20-30 years old and are the same weight, it's so sad.  This is a real problem. We have been fed that skinny is beautiful. {and to all you naturally skinny girls like me, I am not saying you aren't beautiful}  But, when you turn to unhealthy things to get skinny like anorexia or bulemia then it's not pretty.  There are so many healthy ways to get your body to look how you want it; diet and excercise.  {p.s. not eating isn't a diet.}


Fashion magazines. Vogue. Fashion. Elle. 
Cosmopolitan. Seventeen. Glamour. These are all names I am sure most girls have seen and most likely read.  How do you feel after you read these magazines? Not pretty. Worthless. Ugly.  This is how they want you to feel. How sick is that?!  They know that if you feel inferior, you will buy things that will make you pretty.  Let me tell you something I learned the hard way, there is no get pretty fast technique.  Throw as much make-up on as you want, it's all fake.  Buy those $150 boots. {I really do love uggs, just making a point.}  Spend hours curling or straightening your hair.  None of it is real.  The sooner you learn to love yourself, and I mean your natural self, that happier you will be; I promise.


Girls, please realize as girls, we have a natural desire to want to be love and accepted.  Just please evaluate your life; who are you trying to please.  The "popular" girls will just keep changing.  Who wants friends that you have to change for?  Friends are supposed to love you, for you.  Not who they want you to be. Always remember that you are beautiful!


xox,
kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment