Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Marraige: It's a crazy thing we always think about.



I just made a Pinterest. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a website to post pictures and ideas. I myself am a teenage girl and will admit to having one.  Being a teenage girl, I follow other teenage girls on Pinterest.  Everyday I log on and see many "wedding idea" pins.  Now I don't know about you but, I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL! Yes, one day I hope to get married to Prince Charming but I'm not worrying about planning my wedding right this second.  I trust that God will bring the right guy into my life, and even if I live my life single that's okay because I know God has a plan. But back to my point, yes I do think about my wedding and how I hope it's beautiful and perfect.  But, at the same time, I realize that I am in high school.  So, when I go on pinterest and see all these wedding pins it kind of stresses me out.  I feel like I should be sitting down right at this moment and be planning my wedding.  Yes, I understand that it can be fun to think about.  Some days I love to sit and think about it but other days I really don't want to stress myself out.

So, now I come to the question: why do we care so much about our wedding? I know as a girl, and even as a guy, that it is a huge day, and a pivotal point in our lives.  Because that magical moment {or at least I'm guessing it's magical} when you find the girl/guy you want to spend the rest of your life with it becomes an obession. So, I am led to believe that when you start gaining interest in the opposite sex is when this wedding planning obsession starts to kick on; so like middle school, high school?  I think we see so many "happy couples" and start to think that dating is the key to happiness. If it were really that simple, a lot more people would be happy, no? 

No comments:

Post a Comment