Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sneak Peek: Emily

My official camp blog isn't up. So whoever is waiting for that, I'm sorry. For making you wait so long I will give you a sneak peek. 


I want to introduce you to Emily. She wasn't my camper but she was in my cabin.  She has such a cool story. Her CIA asked her if she was born blind or if she had became blind sometime during her life. She explained she lost her eye sight a few years ago. She was upset about her mothers death and tried to commit suicide by shooting herself.  She survived, she went in the surgery and gained back everything but her sight. The coolest thing about emily? When she shot herself, she shot out the part of her brain that makes her sad. She is happy all the time! How cool is that?! Nothing upsets her. 
I think we can all learn a thing or two from this girl. So often we get upset over the dumbest things. Emily has pure joy all the time. 


Psalms 47:1 Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!


I could not think of a more perfect verse for this girl. She loves God with everything she has! Her joy is so great that it makes everyone happy. What if we were like that? That people would be filled with joy from just being around you. God may have taken her sight, but he gave her so much more in return. She will forever hold a place in my heart. 


xox,
kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment