Tuesday, September 18, 2012

change: the good, the bad, they ugly

I'll be the first to say it; change stinks.  I love my comfort zone, we're friends.  But something I recently is change helps you grow.  I'm on yearbook at my school and our theme is growth and we are focusing how change makes you grow. So often we see the bad in change, but how often do we see the good in it?

The begining of my junior year I got switched out of the small group I had been with since eighth grade due to drama.  I was told that I would "do better in a different group."  This enraged me.  I didn't want to be in this group where I barely knew they girls and the leaders.  As the year went on I grew to love both of my leaders but one specifically; elgena.  I just loved how real she was. While some of the girls didn't appreciate it, I ate up every word she said. I knew that I wanted to get to know her better.  

I just came home from dinner with her. The funny thing? I would never have met her had I not been forced to switch small groups.  The way God plans my life astounds me.  I was forced into change. But I grew so much, had I stayed in the same group I know I wouldn't have opened up to anyone about anything.  I don't even know if I would have met my best friend jenna!  I was so set on my life staying the same and staying in that group that I almost lost these two amazing women in my life.

I guess what I am trying to say is change can be scary but try to stick it out. "If God let you to it, He'll lead you through it." 

xox,
kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment