Wednesday, July 11, 2012

going back?

Last year two days from today I left for Camp Barnabas for the first time. This year, in two days, I am going back.  Let me explain the ironic thing, I can't think of one reason why I am going back.  Honestly, I don't even know if I want to go back.  My heart is pounding! I wish God would just tell me why the heck I am going back! Last year my camper and I didn't click at all, and I was so homesick!  Don't get me wrong, I loved Lili.  But, she was so quiet and I felt like she didn't appreciate me. {sorry, as a girl I long to be appreciated..} We had a lot of fun together as you see in the two pictures that go along with this post, but we never really bonded.  So I can't imagine why God would send me back..


I rest in the fact that I am going back for a reason.  I am being sent to this camp for a certain kid, a kid that needs me, or maybe I need them.  Long story short, I have a purpose in going back.  I just have to find it! Who knows maybe my camper will hate me, maybe it will be someone I was never expecting or maybe it will be someone I will get super close with.  But I trust God to know that he has the perfect camper planned for me.  


Psalm 32:8 says, I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.


Proverbs 3:5-6 says, Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path.


I find rest in these verses, I am going back to Camp Barnabas for a reason. Maybe I need the kid. Maybe the kid needs me.  Maybe, someone else in the cabin needs me. Maybe, I will never know why I was sent back. But, I know one thing, I am on this team for a reason. For one camper that God has been planning our lives for the moment our paths cross.  {crazy right?!}   But, that is how great the God I serve is.  I know he wouldn't bring me to this camp for nothing, and I am very excited to see why I get to go back. 


xox,
kirsten


p.s if you think of it, please pray for
-team unity
-safety
-our campers
-the counclers {CIAs}
& I will be posting an update when I get back, hopefully soon after the 21st!  Don't leave me, I will be back! & with pictures!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment