Sunday, July 8, 2012

give in to relaxation.

I have forgotten how to relax.  I am ADHD, I have such a hard time just sitting and relaxing.  My sister always wants to just lay and tan and I can't.  I always feel like I have something to be doing.  I took a stress test a year ago and got a 33, normal is like 25.  I was the highest in my class.  I feel powerless.  My ADHD controls me.  I have always longed to be able to just sit on the beach and soak up the sun, but my brain won't let me.  Until this weekend..

The weekend of the 4th, my family and some friends came up to our friends cottage with us.  It sits on a quiet lake.  All we have to do is swim and relax.  Enviroments like this are the only place that I can relax, because there is nothing I can be doing other than relaxing.  If you know me, you know I am a very good actress.  I am very good at making it look like I have it all together.  I don't. Sometimes, I get so worked up over the smallest, little things.  It's because I bottle so much up, and just save it.  Then when something happens, I just explode.  But this weekend, I was able to just catch up with friends I have known since childhood. It's amazing how fun it can be just to swim, take walks down the highway {haha.} eat, laugh, reminice, take pictures, and just talk.  I think so often we get so caught up in the ups & downs and life and forget to relax & laugh.  Life's moments are so precious.  Cherish all the late nights, friends, fun, laughs, talks, and chances to relax.


luke 21:34 says, But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.


xox,
kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment